PLEASE HAVE REFUSE AND RECYCLING CURBSIDE BY 6 A.M.
Waste Management is contracted by The Town of New Glarus for refuse and recycling.
Please note: Labor Day and Thanksgiving will cause pick-ups to be delayed 1 day.
Please follow the recycling guidelines and do your part to maintain a clean environment.
GLASS BOTTLES AND JARS
- All Colors
- Please Rinse
- Throw away lids
- No ceramics, No light bulbs, No Dishes, Glasses or Pyres. No Windows or Mirrors.
- HDPE Plastic milk/water jugs
- PET plastic containers including 1, 2 & 3 liter pop bottles
- Remove lid & ring top
- Please rinse and crush containers
- WM will take plastics 3-7
ALUMINUM AND TIN CANS
- Food and beverage cans only.
- Please rinse
- May be crushed
- No Paint, Chemical or Aerosol cans.
- No Aluminum Foil, Pie Plates, Soda or Beverage Tabs.
- Newspapers or anything that comes in your newspaper.
- Phone books, magazines or junk mail.
- Place into brown grocery bags or bundle No Higher than 6" Tall. Place in or next to your container or plastic recycling bag.
- Keep Dry!
- Corrugated only, flatten & bundle (must be cut down to no bigger than 3'x3')
- Cereal or beverage boxes
- Keep Dry!
Use the E-Service Link below for:
- Extra pickup requests
- Service inquires
- Verify service schedule
RE-MODELERS/CONTRACTORS CAN SCHEDULE A DUMPSTER DELIVERY AND PICK UP FOR THE DISPOSAL OF BUILDING MATERIALS AT https://www.dumpster.com/. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY CONTACT THEM AT 1(888)268-4606.
SPECIAL PICK UPS OF BULK ITEMS OR ITEMS RESTRICTED FROM THE BI-ANNUAL BULK WASTE PICKUPS CAN BE ARRANGED BY CALLING 1(888) 960-0008; ADDITIONAL FEES APPLY. QUALIFYING ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Air conditioners
- Stoves, etc.
Waste reduction and reuse ideas:
- Organize a neighborhood garage sale.
- Donate lightly used items to local church, school or charity organizations.
- Compost your lawn clippings and other organic items
Easy Backyard Composting
Earth911 - Information on recycling and other environmental reources in your commuity (also available by phone at 1-800-CLEANUP).
US EPA - Environmental Topics including sustainability.